Saturday, June 01, 2013

Where did May go?

I don't think I worked on my writing for the entire month of May. It's been so hectic just trying to keep up with life. Between the doctor's appointments and arguing with the school over my kids new diagnosis, I just lost all track of my time. She was recently diagnosed as autistic on top of her earlier communication delays. It's been tough and now I look harder at people who make judgments about parents not being able to control their kids.

There is no simple answer or fix it to this.

Autism is a very wide and strange thing. The kids do things that are odd, and tantrum and they annoy people around them. Most people will not understand. Especially when they don't have a special needs kid.

I am not going to apologize for my kid. I love her to pieces but it is what it is and I can't fix it or cure it and it makes me unbelievably sad I can't really help her. We only want the best for our kids and to help them succeed but I can't help this. I can only do so much, like get her speech therapy and professional help, let the schools know, and the rest is up to her.

I worked all month long at the Renaissance Festival which is fun but it is also time consuming when I had very little time already. Then we had some problems come up with my real estate business, which I won't bore you with.

The long and short answer is you aren't getting a whole lot of new books from me until maybe Fall because my writing time was cut to nothing.

I'm working on the edits for Cowboys Don't Sing right now. This is a 90,000 word book which is one of my longer works at this point. It is a sexy menage in a small town called Sunnybrook, Texas. This book will release at the end of June or the beginning of July. It was a great book and the characters really came to life for me. I hope you enjoy it.

I've been sharing some quotes and small excerpts from it over the last week on Facebook and I think it's going to be hot. It's got some characters from previous books in the Riding Western Style series and it was really fun being able to revisit them.

I will post again soon to introduce you to the starplayers of the book. For now, just enjoy this delicious cowboy who helped to inspire my writing.



No comments: