Thursday, November 05, 2009

What was I thinking?

30 days of blogging solid? What was I thinking? Nothing I have to say can be that important that you'd want to listen to me everyday and yet here I am blathering.

I'm tired, cranky, and probably catching what my daughter had last week so excuse my grumpiness. Coffee should fix my mood, but the self doubt can only be changed by success.

Today, I hope to do a number of things. Top of the list is to change the kitty litter. I have to wait for a store to open to buy new kitty litter. What I won't do for my family.


There was a lice outbreak at my daughters school, so I also want to buy some hairbands to make putting her up a little more fun. Today she was in tears because of the way I did her hair in pigtails. Tears! It wasn't fashionable--wasn't the way she wanted it.

I have to ask myself was I this difficult? All I want is to reduce the chances of getting lice from another child. Having your hair up helps. This wasn't meant to be a battle of wills or an educational blip on nasty critters that live in your hair, but it turned out to be both. She is at the age where she is full of questions. Why don't boys have to put up their hair? What happens to me if I don't wear my hair in a ponytail? What if...



Time to forget it all and just write.

Todays scene is in Elvis Makes Three. Kurt is helping Lynne to set up her classroom for when she goes back from Winter Break.

No comments: