Friday, November 06, 2009

Day 5 of my 30 days of Pain

Oh geez, so today is day 5 of my promised blog a thon. I can hear a steady chant in my head "You're not gonna make it." over and over again. I am trying to shut it up so I can just focus and write. I usually start out my day by getting coffee, getting my daughter settled, and then catching up on email and a few favorite blogs. There's one that was really good to share.

On the Gen Reality blog a NYT bestseller shows her royalty statement for the whole world to see. I can't tell you how excellent this information is. No one will break it down for you so simply. You have to go see for yourself and when you are done support her by buying the book.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Twilight-Fall/Lynn-Viehl/e/9780451412591/?itm=6

Today's to do list means writing a m/m scene. (Somebody hold me!) I am not good at those. I will probably write it in three layers. Writing out the dialogue first, then the tag lines and the physical and environment characteristics last. Yeah, it takes me forever to get through these scenes but I am not very good at the gay sex scenes yet. Maybe I need to read a few more.

Good news! My writing partner has a Revise and resubmit request from our publisher, and I'm so excited and proud of her. Hopefully she will get a contract soon and I can tell you more about it later.

By the way, Romance writers rock! Some of the sweetest and most supportive friends I have are romance writers. I can't tell you how proud I am to be a part of this industry!

No comments: