Saturday, November 07, 2009

So spank me--I didn't get it done

I didn't get my writing done yesterday. I got two sentences out, but forcing myself to write doesn't always work. I've had this happen to me before and I wouldn't call it writers block exactly. I sometimes have trouble when I don't agree with what's happening in the story or about to happen in this case.

In Blood Ties, I got hung up on the torture scene. It was necessary to the story, but I had to squeak out every page in the beginning.

Now, I have written a few m/m scenes so I don't think that's my hold up. I feel like I am fighting with the writing because of the forced sex scene. It's not a captive love scene and not rape but neither of my characters want to do it, so having me force them feels wrong.

Well, I plan to take the day off and spend it with my family today. I'll try again on Monday.

No comments: