Sunday, February 02, 2014

It's Super Bowl Sunday! Who are you rooting for?

Pass the hotwings! It's that time of year again we either love or hate, Super Bowl Sunday.



It's always interesting to me to see who made the cut and is considered the best football team in country. An amazing amount of work, money, blood and sweat goes into a playing season and I can't say that luck doesn't play a big part in it as well. If a star player gets injured, that might mean losing the whole thing and I have to wonder if some of these injuries don't happen on purpose, by the opposing teams. Isn't there a conspiracy theory for everything?

Years ago, I worked retail and this was one of the slowest days of the entire year. The store emptied out. Everyone was at home or watching the game at their favorite hangouts. I even want to watch it, but my reasons may be different than yours. More than a few watch just to see the commercials, or the half time show, which usually is a show in itself.

Now we have a whole lot more choices with the puppy bowl on Animal planet television or the newer kitty bowl which is premiering on the Hallmark Channel.

Go kitties!!

Whatever way you end up spending it, enjoy your Sunday!

Looks like the official teams playing will be the Seattle Seahawks (hmm, maybe it's time to help them celebrate with my favorite coffee beverage) and the Denver Broncos. This ought to be a great game. I'm looking forward it and will be rooting for the Denver Broncos. No reason in particular, except I picture a cowboy riding a raging bronco every time I hear their mascot name.

Go Broncos!

That's a romance write for you.
Lots of love,
Missy Lyons






1 comment:

Unknown said...

None of my teams (Titans, Rams, 49ers) are playing, so I'm rooting for the queso dip. It's always a winner!