Monday, September 13, 2010

Pass the coffee and let me wake up

Are you a morning person? I used to love mornings, but lately I've been staying up later and struggling to wake up in the morning. I guess it doesn't matter what I do as long as I don't skip sleep.

My excuse last night was to get a few pages done on the christmas story I am working on. It's like a tradition to me to put out a Christmas story every year. So it's important to me to finish it. Just as much as the others I need to be working on.

I used to love to write in the mornings more than any other time of day. It was quiet and I had the most energy. My daughter was off at school and my husband was at work. As I said mornings were good for me to work uninterrupted, but things have changed, and I now have a new little one to keep me busy in the mornings. So as a working mom, I adapt. I change my schedule but it's going to take some time to get used to it.

If only sleep were something I could skip. Instead of getting a good night's sleep, I seem to be relying on coffee to keep me functioning. I think a lot of people are wired differently. Some have their energy in the morning and others work better at night. As much as I try, I'm not sure I canchange my wiring.

Which brings me to my questionof the day. So are you a morning person or more of a night person and have you ever tried changing?

No comments: