Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



Happy Father's Day to everyone, but especially my man. DH works hard to be a good Dad, so he deserves some recognition and it's just one of the reasons I love him.

Life has been made even better when we remember to laugh along the way. Which is why I could laugh at this picture. Enjoy!

Sometimes we need to laugh and let loose a litte, and it was my father who first taught me this lesson. It's tough being a parent, but every child needs that father figure, or a male mentor in their life. I don't think it's impossible to grow up right without a Dad, but it sure makes life go smoother. It's easier to believe in yourself when someone else does first.

I grew up in a family with four sisters. We had our bumps and bruises in life, and I know there were times that I tested my father's patience, but I never once doubted he loved me. He supported my endeavors and encouraged my dreams. It was my father that planted that seed in my brain that I should grow up to be a writer. He was the one to see my love of words and I don't know where I'd be in life without him.

Thank you Dad, for all you do, and all those Dads out there that make time to play such an important role in their kids lives.

Happy Father's Day!


--In the mood to read something spicy? Go to www.missylyons.com

No comments: