Friday, November 30, 2007

Did Christmas sneak up on you?




Well it certainly snuck up on me this year! I say this every year, but I can't believe how fast this year went by. I keep thinking, not Christmas--not yet! I am so unprepared.

Many of our neighbors have their Christmas decorations up. Their trees are decorated and placed perfectly centered in front of their windows, colorful lights nearly blind me as I drive down our street and then you get to my house.

It looks so un-Christmas like, it's kind of scary. It's dark and depressing with only a single light on the porch, no sign of life inside. The blinds closed tightly to keep our privacy.

Ok, so we don't have a tree up yet, and my house doesn't smell like freshly baked gingerbread or have the heady scent of a fresh christmas pine tree. Are you kidding? I am lucky to keep the smell of wet dog out of the house... It might never have that kind of Christmas feeling, but shouldn't I have something to say Christmas is coming in the house?

A candle...or a stocking or something?

Hey--I am lucky to keep up with the housework, let alone get my descorations up and out for Christmas! Well no more, I have my pile of Christmas cards, and my address book by my side. I pulled out three boxes of Christmas decorations from the garage and have them sitting in piles in my living room.

Maybe by the end of the day I will have a wreath on my front door. Or go Californian and put one on the my front bumper, driving around and forcing everyone else on the road to share my exuberant holiday spirit. Alright, well perhaps I am not exuberant, but I will be at least trying to get into the holiday spirit, make a list, check it twice, and figure out everything that needs done between now and Christmas. I am planning on diggging through my cd's and listen to Christmas music while I work on my projects...

Hope you all are doing a better job than I am this year!! If you would like to exchange christmas cards this year, email me your name and address and I would love to send you one too!

Wishing you lots of love!

~*~

Missy Lyons

Spicy romance for intelligent women

www.missylyons.com

Boyfriend for Hire just released at Whispers Publishing. Heat up your holiday and pick up a copy of this Christmas romance today!


http://www.whispershome.com/book_pages/boyfriend_for_hire.html

No comments: