Saturday, April 21, 2007

In honor of a dear Friend

Some friends are so loyal, so true.

They don't question whether you love them, they just love you unconditionally. Sometimes I think I don't deserve that kind of friendship, love, or loyalty, but it will be a gift I always treasure, and now that it is gone--I feel like I may have taken her for granted all those years.

Today I question whether she loved me more than I loved her. I had to make the decision to end her suffering. After a month of not eating--unable to keep any food down, and experiencing breathing trouble, the doctor finally found the cause was an abnormal growth in her chest. We had very few choices but to put her to sleep. It was so hard to do it. Even harder to witness her death, but it was my honor to give her comfort in her last hours and to hold her paw as she died. I think she understood what was happening to her at the very end...That made it even harder to be there.

Daisy I will always love you with all my heart. You were more than a member of the family--you were like my first child. I wish I had more time with you in this life--but I would always have wanted more time. I hope one day hope we will meet again in heaven.

Daisy was my golden retreiver-born May 3 1996 and died April 20, 2007.

No comments: