Friday, December 22, 2006

Jenna thought it was a one night stand--so what was he doing here?

"Hey Jenna, don't look now, but there is a totally hot guy coming this way." Angela pointed to the dark-haired man coming into the office door of the PR firm. His jeans clung to his body, he wore a plain white shirt that showed off his bulging biceps, and hinted at the treasure that could be found on his chest.

"Oh God no," Jenna gasped, covering her eyes with the press release she had been working on, "he found me."

"Do you know him?" Angela asked.

"Yeah, his name is Scott and I thought he was my one-night stand." He saw her and was coming straight at her now. Her escape route cut off, she would have to face him.

"He was a one-night stand? Then why is he here?"

"Good question." It was too late to run, or avoid him now. In fact, he was directly in front of her now and probably heard every word she had just said.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was icy cold. Not quite what he expected after the fire he felt the other night.

So not returning his calls wasn't a mistake. She was avoiding him on purpose hoping not to see him again. But why? "Jessica told me where you worked and I thought I should try to talk to you." Just one more time. "I came to see you."

"Okay you saw me, can you leave now? I really have to work."

"Can't we just talk about this?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Look I am not going to waste my time talking to you. It was just one night. Big fucking deal. Now it's over."

"Is that why you aren't returning my calls?"

"It's not like we are in a relationship or anything."

Now he understood. She was a runner. She did not understand what was going on between them anymore than he did, but instead of embracing it, she was running.

***********************
That was a never before seen excerpt from Naughty or Nice coming out this Saturday December 23 as an ebook from www.mardigraspublishing.com. Hope you liked it. I will be at their chatroom this Saturday night. Come join me for great prizes and conversation.


Happy Holidays from

Missy Lyons
www.missylyons

No comments: