Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I am feeling snarky today!

What is snarky anyway??

It's one of those words that everybody uses that just kind of takes off on it's own. Like google.
How did that become a word? Goggle me, baby. It just doesn't sound like it should be used in a sentence, but it became an official word in the English language and can now be found in the American dictionary.

Snarky has been around forever but just taken off recently again. It's been around sicne 1910 and was British slang.

–adjective, snark‧i‧er, snark‧i‧est. Chiefly British Slang.
testy or irritable; short.
[Origin: 1910–15; dial. snark to nag, find fault with (appar. identical with snark, snork to snort, snore, prob. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.[From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.]snarki·ly adv.

I didn't believe it was a true word. I actually had to look it up. I couldn't believe it was a word. But apparently it is a word. So who's feeling snarky today? I am! I am!

I still haven't had my coffee.

No comments: