Saturday, June 15, 2013

Works in progress

At the beginning of the month or at least at the beginning of a new project I like to evaluate where I am and figure out what my goals are. It helps me to be a little more organized and to stay on target for my writing and my life goals as well.

Summer is upon us. The weather is beautiful and the kids are begging for me to take them swimming and everywhere in the world. We played half the month already. As a family we went to the local amusement park and to the beach. We had fun and now it's time for me to pay for it. So it's time for me to get back to work.

I'm going to try and get a book done by the end of this month before my trip to California. Which means I really need to hustle if I want to make that happen. I need to have nearly 45,000 words done to have a novel and in two weeks that breaks down to 3000 words a day. We'll see if I can keep up with that kind of crazy schedule and two energetic kids underfoot.

I haven't written much since May. It's time to get back into my routine of writing every morning. Starting today, even though I only have a 1000 words in so far. All the projects I have going are western romances. I really want to finish up the Riding Western Style series at least on the m/f/m books. There are 3 more m/m books coming next year in the same series.

Works in progress:

Cowboys Don't Play 7k
Cowboys Don't Cry 1k
5 Cowboys for Christmas 2k

No comments: