Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Unresolutions and me

It's always nice to know my blog gets just enough traffic to lure in the spambots. lol

I had 10 comments waiting for me to look at them this morning and they were all about cheap mail order drugs and *coughs penis enlarging.

Yes, I could probably make false promises and tell you I am going to blog more often, but in reality it takes time from writing and I will probably be just as bad this year as I have been last year. This year I am going to try and make resolutions I can keep.

Yes, I am going to make unresolutions. Unresolutions are awesome. There are no promises to keep or break. You actually keep your promise by not doing something.

So, in honor of this momentous occasion, here is my list. This year I am not going to try to lose weight and spend hours on a machine until I leave aching and unable to walk. I am not going to starve myself until the mere sight of food brings out primal urges to hoard food and return to a caveman like state.

I do plan on leading an active life and enjoying the outdoors more with my kids and my dogs and not getting hung on the computer or the internet everyday. But this isn't changing my life much from what I have had in the past.

I am not going to push myself to write a story that stalls out. If the story is boring to me, than it is also very likely boring to my readers, and I plan to push it until we travel off the road map together and experience something unexpected. This year writer's block cannot exist for me.

I plan to keep my mouth frown free, and greet each day with a smile. Which is not much different than what I have always done. I smile a lot.

This year, I won't be reading reviews of the books I write.  I need to spend my time where my priorities lay and that means spending time on areas where I want my life to go. Reviews are like looking to the past and unless I can learn from it, it's not the place I need to spend my time.  

Our happiness is dependent on our own state of mind. If we are content with what we have, and where we are in life, it is easier to be happy. Everyday my focus will be on family, writing, or my faith.

It's funny, but I like using unresolution. It means my life won't change very much, but I like my life. I hope you all have a fabulous 2013!

No comments: