Monday, July 16, 2012

Eat, Play, and Love

I've been gone for the last few days and took advantage of the kids being out of school. We went on a road trip into North Carolina. It's just something I just felt like we should try to do before the kids go back to school in another month.

Summer is coming to a close really fast.

The kids were very good and I know they had their moments but they tried very hard to be patient. I found that when most of their basic needs were met it was easier to keep the peace. If everyone had used the bathroom, had a full stomach and things to do in the car, they didn't complain as much. My kids were in the car 6 hours and they only had a meltdown once or twice. Not bad, all things considered.

It rained. It poured and we drove some more. We went to Grandfather mountain and shouldn't have been surprised it was foggy and rainy, but we didn't let it spoil our fun. We headed down the mountain and checked an item off my bucket list. I have been wanting to see the Biltmore for quite some time and there was no excuse not to see it when we were so close.

It was absolutely beautiful and worth it. I came back feeling refreshed and ready to go. Life won't stop me now. I set goals and I plan to achieve them. It's a lot easier to write when I am feeling inspired.

And how can I not be inspired when I get to explore places like this?



As you can see it rained while we were there too, but we had sunny moments to enjoy our day. So I will write but I am going to take time to smell the roses once in a while and play too.


No comments: