Thursday, April 12, 2012

When an obsession crosses over

I am usually quite sane, but lately I have had an obsession I have been fighting and it's crossing over into my writing.

I have been dreaming of tropical waters, crystal white sandy beaches, and the cool ocean breeze that whispers in my ears as it comes inland. Yes, I want a vacation. Yes, I want to get away. Yes, I want a retreat away from the hustle and bustle of life and near peaceful waters and I can't stop thinking about it.

The last four books I have had my hand in are in exotic locations and every book I have planned to write in the next two months before the kids are out if school are the same. Give me the beach. My mind is screaming it at me and I just can't stop thinking about it. So I am beginning to see a pattern. What about you?

These are the releases for the last year and the coming soon books:

Sex on the Beach (m/f) -- set on Kaui, Hawaii

Bareback on the Beach (m/m) -- set on Kauai, Hawaii

Beach Bound (m/m) -- set on a deserted island north of Hawaii (releases May 19, 2012)

Strictly Business (m/f) -- set on a Caribbean island (coming to Siren Publishing June 2012)

Shark's Mate (m/m) -- set on a private island near Australia (coming to Siren Publishing July 2012)

*And I really don't see an end in sight to this pattern. My next three planned books to write are set to follow the Shark Shifter series.

My theory is maybe if I write it, this desire to visit the beach will leave my system or maybe I just need to make a trip to the beach this Summer. Roadtrip! lol

I just think it's funny this urge to experience the beach has crossed over into my writing.

What about you? Do you get obsessed with a certain subject and love to write about it, or read about or experience it? I once went three months where I only wanted Moose Tracks ice cream. I never wanted any other flavor. If I was offered ice cream and Moose Tracks wasn't on the list I turned it down flat.

Obsessed? Maybe a little, lol.

Lots of love, Missy Lyons www.missylyons.com

No comments: