Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall is here

I love this season. Fall makes me crave tea and hot chocolate to watch nature color her gardens with rainbows. The leaves haven't changed color yet. We need the first blast of cold to make the trees begin to want to drop their leaves but it's just around the corner and one of my favorite things to do is to drive through the backroads of Tennessee and look at the forests of color. It is absolutely stunning and nowhere like this in the world I have seen.

Besides the leaves and the kids returning to school, Fall makes me crave comfort food and want to return to the kitchen. This is the time of the year I love to cook nice hot soups that keep your tummy full and your body warm. It is part of why I love Fall, but change is always beautiful to watch in nature.

Today's menu is Lentil Soup for dinner and my kids favorite macaroni cheese recipe for lunch. Pictures and recipes to follow, but for now enjoy the Fall trees.

Writing In Progress:

Strictly Business (8 pages today) Stud Service: Book 3

Susannah Gibson’s future is secure as an heiress to a Texas oil baron. A hefty trust fund has allowed her to live out her dreams and pursue every desire of her heart, but one. All that money got in the way of finding love. She and her three sisters had a collection of fortune hunters that could stretch the length of Texas, but she vowed not to settle for anything less than love.

Lots of love to you all,

Missy Lyons

www.missylyons.com

No comments: