Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Cooking with Missy: Kansas City Ribs

Yeah, you think I'm cheap? I am not sure you know the emenaing of the word... My grandmother lived through the Great Depression and she was a real tightwad. When she (generously) took us out to eat as children we weren't allowed to order drinks.

It's been a tradition to not tolerate waste. I have it ingrained in my brain so deep that I am afraid to throw out those little packets of ketchup. Not that I have a clue what to do with them besides put them on french fries.

So, I found this recipe for a great BBQ sauce that uses up a whole cup of ketchup. Yay! I finally found a use for those little packets

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutesYield: Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients:
•1 cup ketchup
•1/4 cup water
•1/4 cup vinegar
•1/4 cup brown sugar
•3 tablespoons olive oil
•2 tablespoons paprika
•1 tablespoon chili powder
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 teaspoon cayenne
Preparation:
Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic and sauté until brown. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.

No comments: