Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer fun with sheep!

Summer usually means I slow down my writing business quite a bit as I have other more important things to attend to. Kids are home and out of town visitors like to do the touristy thing here. I feel like all my free time is gone just trying to keep the kids busy and while this week Kid1 is in Horse Camp, next week we have to find something else to do.

So I want to learn to felt with the kids. After researching a little I bought some wool and realized it is a lot more work than I thought. The farmer gave me raw wool--straight off the sheep with stickers and grass still in it.

So my next project was to learn to clean it before I can start anything else. I found an excellent article here:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wash-wool-or-other-fibers-for-spinning/

and will be posting the results soon.

No comments: