Amazon is now offering 70% royalty rate instead of the standard 35%, but there are some definite rules you have to abide by and one of the things you have to do is select the new option for any stories that it may apply to.
Here are the directions borrowed from the community forum:
To change the Royalty option for your book, please follow the instructions below:
1. Log-in to your DTP account at https://dtp.amazon.com/mn/signin
2. Select the "Actions" drop-down menu next to relevant book and choose "Edit book details."
3. Ensure all required fields in “Your Book” section are complete, and click "Save and Continue."
4. You'll then be redirected to ‘Rights & Pricing’ where you can select the preferred Royalty option.
5. After selecting the Royalty option, click on the check box to accept the Terms & Conditions.
6. Once done, click "Save and Publish" at the bottom of the screen, and you're all done.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect.
You can also see this short video for instructions on how to change your existing titles to the 70 royalty option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zEHhBsGuno
For more details on qualifying for our 70 percent royalty option, visit: http://forums.digitaltextplatform.com/dtpforums/entry.jspa?externalID=377