Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Day off--sort of

So I took the day off from my business. That means no writing and no cover art, but it doesn't mean I got the day off. I still have a sick baby to tend to, and lots of housework to keep me busy.

I also emailed a takedown notice to a certain pirate site offering my books for free.

During the last nap time of baby I decided to take some me time and just read, so I read Anne Sorgeson's Pure Magic. It was an average read to me, but there were some good points that kept me turning the pages, but nothing that made me connect to the author.

It's been so long since I had a really good book. I read a lot because I promise to critique or am supporting friends, but right now I'm in the mood for something non-romantic, bordering on the edge of sci-fi or fantasy and I can't get my fix from the people I know.

No comments: